cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Reynolds <li...@va.com.au>
Subject Re: Cocoon with Tomcat-3.3rc2 - where to put jars????
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 09:53:22 GMT
At 13:01 +1100 20/3/01, jeff@socialchange.net.au wrote:
>On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 01:22:08PM -0500, Rajkumar, Joseph wrote:
>>  Hi Folks
>>
>>       Has anybody got cocoon to work with Tomcat-3.3?
>>  I have it working well with Tomcat-3.2.1, but the layout of
>>  $TOMCAT_HOME/lib has changed. I tried to put the
>>  jars from $COCOON_HOME/lib and it does not seem to work.
>
>It doesn't work if you put the jars in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib/*. You need
>to put them
>in your webapp's WEB-INF/lib directory.

Hmmm. I'm trying this with C1.8.2 and Tomcat 3.3rc2, and it just
doesn't seem to work. I have put all of C1/lib/* and
C1/bin/cocoon.jar into tomcat3.3/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/lib/* ... is
this the right place to put the jars?

The error I get is:

Publishing Engine could not be initialized.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception when creating "
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor" :
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: See
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-normalize
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Router.init(Router.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.framework.Manager.create(Manager.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.<init>(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.getInstance(Engine.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doInit(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.init(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)

I've tried going to
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/faqs.html#faq-normalize but it doesn't
seem to relate to anything in the faq.

Note I've not removed or renamed any of xml.jar or parser.jar in
Tomcat 3.3's lib directories, because they're not there anymore,
perhaps they've been renamed something else???

Cheers

Jesse

--

       Jesse Reynolds - Virtual Artists Pty Ltd - http://www.va.com.au