cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jo Bourne <ve...@va.com.au>
Subject c2 and MacRoman encoding
Date Sat, 13 Oct 2001 12:07:32 GMT
Hi,

we are trying to upgrade a number of our cocoon 1.8.2 sites to cocoon 2 and are having problems
with a number of things, but the show stopper for us at the moment is the encoding of our
xml files....

we are well aware that it is not ideal but for a number of reasons our content is all MacRoman
encoded which, with cocoon 1.8.2 has been simple to deal with using this processing instruction:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="MacRoman"?>

Anyway, Cocoon 2 doesn't seem to like this at all... we get the following error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:java.lang.RuntimeException:
Problem in getTransformer:The encoding "MacRoman" is not supported.

is there some way for us to simply add MacRoman encoding? where would I find the list of supported
encodings? Does anyone know why this support was dropped in C2?

thanks in advance
Jo