cocoon-users mailing list archives

From aaldr...@csc.com
Subject Re: Fixes for the X11 problem are failing!!!
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 09:36:58 GMT
I experience the same behaviour as below, having removed the svg and pdf
references in sitemap. I also removed them from the cocoon.properties file
just in case - still no joy. Hmmmm.

>> ******
>> Solution 2: removing any reference to SVG and PDF.
>> This should disable any call to Batik, which is the problematic
library,
>> requiring the X11 display
>> ***
>>
>> Removing anything concerning SVG does not solve the problem, in the
>> sitemap.xmap and the WEB-INF/.
>> Note that serializer related to SVG, PDF and XML are disabled!!!

Doesn't look like that:
>> Thread-17/Handler: Error compiling sitemap
>> java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using
>> 'localhost:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
>[...]
>>
>org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.<init>(SAXSVGDocumentFact
>ory.java:59)
>>         at
>>org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.SVGBuilder.<init>(SVGBuilder.java:44)
>>         at
>>
>org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer.<init>(SVGSerializer.java:
>>46)

>Here an SVG serializer is instantiated, and this causes the problem.
>Since "svg2jpeg" is next to the latest one who was instantiated
>correctly in the default sitemap, can you please double check that you
>removed that one too?

Gianugo Rabellino <gianugo@rabellino.it> on 03/10/2001 23:44:12

Please respond to cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

To:   cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:  Re: Fixes for the X11 problem are failing!!!

Olivier,

> ******
> Solution 1 : using PJA as an alternative to built-in AWT.
> PJA does not require a X server to launch
> ***
>
> Problem:
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: java.lang.ClassCastException:

I understand that PJA is quite old, so I'm not surprides to see this.

> ******
> Solution 2: removing any reference to SVG and PDF.
> This should disable any call to Batik, which is the problematic
library,
> requiring the X11 display
> ***
>
> Removing anything concerning SVG does not solve the problem, in the
> sitemap.xmap and the WEB-INF/.
> Note that serializer related to SVG, PDF and XML are disabled!!!

Doesn't look like that:
> Thread-17/Handler: Error compiling sitemap
> java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to X11 window server using
> 'localhost:0.0' as the value of the DISPLAY variable.
[...]
org.apache.batik.dom.svg.SAXSVGDocumentFactory.<init>(SAXSVGDocumentFact
ory.java:59)
>         at
org.apache.cocoon.xml.dom.SVGBuilder.<init>(SVGBuilder.java:44)
>         at

org.apache.cocoon.serialization.SVGSerializer.<init>(SVGSerializer.java:
46)

Here an SVG serializer is instantiated, and this causes the problem.
Since "svg2jpeg" is next to the latest one who was instantiated
correctly in the default sitemap, can you please double check that you
removed that one too?

I'll do some tests tomorrow too, and let you know.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino