cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gcas...@sundn.de
Subject Antwort: Cocoon and Sybase JConnect
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 06:08:04 GMT

JConnect comes with a sp subdirectory which contains some
ASE-version-dependent SQL scripts.
You have to run one of them against ASE server in order to use JConnect
with metadata queries.

HTH
Guido

                    jsexton@odshp

                    .com                 An:     cocoon-users@xml.apache.org

                    Gesendet von:        Kopie:

                    jsexton@ods1.        Thema:  Cocoon and Sybase JConnect

                    odshp.com

                    16.10.2001

                    00:16

                    Bitte

                    antworten an

                    cocoon-users

I have been using Tomcat for sometime and would now like to add Cocoon
for a specific database access the application does.  Using the SQL
sample included with Cocoon as a start, I am able to execute queries
against a SYBASE SQL Anywhere database - works fine.  However, when I
try useing the same JDBC driver to connect to a a Sybase ASE database
server, I get this:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Error setting connection autocommit
               at _opt._tomcat._webapps._cocoon._forteApps._sql.
_esql.populateDocument(Compiled Code)
               at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPPage.getDocument(Compiled Code)
               at
org.apache.cocoon.processor.xsp.XSPProcessor.process(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.cocoon.Engine.handle(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.service(Compiled Code)
               at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Compiled Code)
               at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(Compiled Code)
               at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Compiled
Code)
               at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Compiled

Code)
               at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(Compiled Code)
               at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

I have no idea what to do.  I hope someone can offer some ideas, I'd
really like to use Cocoon for my project if I can.  I use JDBC a lot
in servlets under Tomcat, and Cocoon works fine in every other way.

Thanks!

BTW, I found this same question had been asked earlier in a list
archive, but no suggestions.

---
Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans