cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: [Proposal] C2 + tomcat 4
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 03:38:25 GMT

Ok, I meant here that if you do have in classpath some libraries during build time,
and Cocoon will not have access to them in run time (under Tomcat that's usual thing - it

ignores system classpath). That leads to different compile-time and run-time configurations
and ClassNotFound exceptions.
The easiest solution is to use empty CLASSPATH variable, and if you need to use
some extra libraries, just put them into cocoon/lib before building the WAR file
(and ant will put them under WEB-INF/lib).
This problem was first described here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=100142275118290&w=2

> but in general it seems like a totally unrealistic constraint to put on an
> installation or operating process. CLASSPATH, whether system or user (in
> the Win2K world) is a basic functionality of Java. Some systems explicitly
> require certain flavors of CLASSPATH to permit functioning.

PS: Never used system- or user- wide classpath. Do set it as required by
certain server (or application).

Vadim