cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Gibbons" <dgibb...@openroad.ca>
Subject Cocoon locking files on filesystem
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 02:56:30 GMT
Hi all,

I'm using Tomcat4+Cocoon2rc1a on Windows NT4 Workstation.  I've run into a
strange problem when editing XSL files.  After starting up Tomcat, I can
edit and save my XSL files without any problems.  However, if I access a
page that uses one of these XSL files, Tomcat sometimes "locks" the file,
and makes further saving of the file impossible.

If I use XML Cooktop, I get a message that says:
  "Error: a sharing violation occurs while accessing <path_to_file>
   File: <path_to_file>"

I've seen a similar error in both HomeSite and HTMLKit.

The odd thing is, it's not always reproducible.  Sometimes I'll be able to
perform several rounds of editing and saving before the error shows up.
Shutting down and restarting Tomcat clears the error every time.

Any ideas?  Any suggestions of IDE's that don't display this behaviour?
This makes editing somewhat frustrating after a while.

Thanks,

Darren.

--
Darren Gibbons                                    dgibbons@openroad.ca
OpenRoad Communications                      phone: 604.694.0554 ex102