cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Luca Morandini" <l.mo...@tin.it>
Subject map:read performance penalty
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2001 16:56:13 GMT
Folks,

	I'd like to know whether the use of <map:read> sitemap component has any
significant impact on performance.

	My traditional approach is to have all static content mapped directly to
the web-server. For instance all my images (JPG, GIF, ...) are in the
/graphics directory, thus avoiding the need to go through Tomcat/Cocoon
(/graphics is a top-level virual directory).

	While this is faster, I'd like to know whether using <map:read> to serve
those resources (a more flexible approach indeed) has a serious impact on
performance.

	One last thing, my images tend to be large (100KB or so).

Best regards,

               Luca Morandini
               GIS Consultant
              lmorandini@ieee.org