cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Allan Frank" <al...@ostenfeld.dk>
Subject Newbie question about cocoon setup
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:52:20 GMT
Hello

I have a (i believe) simple question for you. I'm sorry if it's too faq-ish
or RTFM, but I have been unable to find an answer. I believe to understand
XML but cocoon is new to me.

What I want to do is transform a set of static .xml files to a set of static
.html files. I do not want a dynamic generation (with tomcat as an example).
Most documents around cocoon shows how to set up cocoon with tomcat or
alike.

I use cocoon 2.0rc1a under w2k.

I have made a sample document using a .xml file and some .xls documents and
have successfully used cocoon to transform this .xml file to a .html file.

So, now I'd like to use some sql expressions like the ones used in
samples/sql. This uses the sitemap.xmap, but how do I use this when I run my
build?

Right now, my build looks like this:

  <target name="own" description="Generates own documentation">
    <java classname="${doc.generator}" fork="yes">
      <classpath refid="classpath"/>
      <arg line="targetDirectory=${build.docs} ${build.xdocs}/hello-page.xml
${own.skin}"/>
    </java>
  </target>

I can see that the sitemap.xmap also includes very powerful and simple
declarations of generator, transformer and serializer like:

   <map:match pattern="hello.html">
    <map:generate src="docs/samples/hello-page.xml"/>
    <map:transform src="stylesheets/page/simple-page2html.xsl"/>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>

Very simple and very smart. How do I use this kind of xmap when I build my
static files? I suspect they are used when run with tomcat as webapps, but
as mentioned I'd like to make some static files.

If I have overlooked some kind of document, please kick me and throw me an
url. :)

Thanks alot.

/Allan