cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Karl Øie <k...@gan.no>
Subject RE: Arrg - need somebody who knows the inside of Cocoon2
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:55:39 GMT
you should not be required to edit any web.xml file to get cocoon2 running.

simply stop enhydra(possibly you don't need to stop to deploy new war's ,
i'm running JBoss and it reloads automaticly), copy the
dist/cocoon/cocoon.war file into your enhydra/webapps or enhydra/deploy or
something directory and start enhydra.

cocoon2 is not a servlet, it is a Web Application, and should be deloyed as
a "cocoon.war" inside "deploy" or "webapps". cocoon has it's own web.xml
file inside this war file, so your web.xml file should be unchanged.

-----Original Message-----
From: Søren Neigaard [mailto:neigaard@mobilethink.dk]
Sent: 10. oktober 2001 23:24
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org; karl@gan.no
Subject: SV: Arrg - need somebody who knows the inside of Cocoon2

Didm't help :( But what about the fact I can't run a servlet named "cocoon"
but I can run a servlet named "Cocoon2"? Isn't that strange? Well actually I
find it more strange that I can run "cocoon" on my Tomcat setup, since it's
not in the web.xml file!?

Could someone maybe explain me how Cocoon2 interacts with my servlet engine,
what servlets has to be initialized, what servlets has to be in web.xml, and
what servlet I'm ment to hit (controller servlet)?