cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Karl Oie <k...@gan.no>
Subject RE: Fixes for the X11 problem are failing!!!
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 10:37:46 GMT
you really don't have to kick out all the nice batik and pdf stuff, if you
run unix/linux you can use xvfb which simulates a screen, you'll have to
install xfree, xfree-lib and xvfb, goto http://www.xfree86.org and get the
xvfb package

then make a script that starts Xvfb and set your DISPLAY variable to :1
before you start cocoon. this solves the awt problem without running x11 on
the server

example:

if [ "$1" = "stop" ] ; then
    # kill off any framebuffer running, kill kill kill :-)
    kill -TERM `/sbin/pidof Xvfb`
elif [ "$1"="start" -o "$1"="run" ] ; then
    # start up a virtual framebuffer for cocoon2's rendering
    Xvfb :1 -screen 0 320x240x24 &
fi

this setsup a virtual framebuffer for x to run in, now all the batik and
svg stuff works without running a real x server.

mvh karl oie