cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jitender Miglani <jiten...@hawaii.edu>
Subject cocoon with Tomcat 4.0
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 23:29:27 GMT
Hi,
	I am trying to install Cocoon on Tomcat 4.0.
	I Have placed all Jar files required by Cocoon under
%TOMCAT_HOME%\cocoon\WEB-INF\lib directory. I placed "cocoon.properties" and
"web.xml" under the %TOMCAT_HOME%\cocoon\WEB-INF. I modified "server.xml"
and added a context path entry for cocoon to it. I also modified "web.xml"
to reflect the correct path for "cocoon.properties" file.
	The problem is that Tomcat is unable to locate the "cocoon.properties"
file. I tried all possible combinations of paths, but, I am still getting
the error "Unable to locate resource: ...".
	Has anybody installed Cocoon on Tomcat 4.0? The instructions for it needs
to be added to Cocoon installation page. With Tomcat 4.0, we need to specify
different docbase in server.xml than that of Tomcat 3.2.1.

Thanks,
Jitender
(Please reply to jitender@hawaii.edu )

PS: The new entry added to server.xml is as follows:
        <Context path="/cocoon" docBase="cocoon" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">
        </Context>

The entries in web.xml are as follows. I have tried all different possible
combinations for path. Do we need to modify some security policy in
"catalina.policy" ?

 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>properties</param-name>
   <param-value>WEB-INF\cocoon.properties</param-value>
  </init-param>
 </servlet>