cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lakshmi Anantharaman <Lakshmi.Ananthara...@camsystems.com>
Subject RE: Get Cocoon Working
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 22:44:01 GMT
Created the WAR file with the change mentioned in
web.xml(Cocoon2\webapp\WEB-INF) and I have it at
Tomcat\webapps\ . Not able to start Tomcat ? Am I missing anything

Apache Tomcat/4.0
SessionListener: contextDestroyed()
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base ..\webapps\cocoon does not
exi
st or is not a readable directory
        at
org.apache.naming.resources.FileDirContext.setDocBase(FileDirContext.
java:182)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.setResources(StandardContext
.java:1084)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3

-----Original Message-----
From: Gianugo Rabellino [mailto:gianugo@rabellino.it]
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2001 12:42 PM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Get Cocoon Working

> THanks Ciao,  I suppose you are talking about Cocoon 2.o . I have got
cocoon
> two with Tomcat 4.0
> Do I need to build the apache Cocoon files or can i use the executable
> provided with the downloads .

The executable (the jar/war) is more than enough. There is a
misconfiguration somewhere (AFAIK not in the default distro, I have to
assume that it's something you did) that maps something to
org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon instead then to the proper entry point which is
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet. Most probably it's a connector
(mod_jk?) directive or an error in Cocoon's web.xml. It might also be an
old version of Cocoon floating around, if I recall correctly the class
name for the servlet is the one used today by the main Cocoon class.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino