cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Aston" <jeremyas...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject RE: Newbie: Problems with install (C2)
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 03:56:28 GMT
Sorry Eduardo but I not familiar with the specific exception you are getting
however you shouldn't have a problem with 3.2.3.  Are you installing from
the zip/gz package or from compiling from CVS?  If it is the former then
following the instructions in the docs worked for me first time.  I have
written some notes around this on the cTwIG idiots guide
(http://www.pigbite.co.uk/ctwig/index.html.

Regards

Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: Eduardo Godoy Vega [mailto:egodoy@mail.tekchile.cl]
Sent: 02 October 2001 17:54
To: Cocoon-Users
Subject: Newbie: Problems with install (C2)

When I try to test my coccon2 install
(http://localhost/cocoon/)
Y get this error in the Tomcat 3.2.3 log file:
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/cocoon/servlet/CocoonServlet,
method: createCocoon signature: ()V) Incompatible object argument for
function call
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:545)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveClassLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveClassLoader.j
ava, Compiled Code)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.loader.AdaptiveServletLoader.loadClass(AdaptiveServletLoad
er.java:174)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(ServletWrapper.java:265)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:289)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.context.LoadOnStartupInterceptor.contextInit(LoadOnStartup
Interceptor.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.initContext(ContextManager.java,
Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.init(ContextManager.java, Compiled
Code)
	at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java:195)
	at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java:235)

Where is my problem ???
Do I have to upgrade my tomcat ?

Eduardo.