cocoon-users mailing list archives

From roger....@globalgraphics.com
Subject Enterprise applications
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:56:38 GMT
I'm looking to a homegrown datasource to Cocoon and I came across this puzzling
piece in the docs.

Cocoon allows you to specify a pooled data source that you can use for
throughout the Cocoon system. There are two different types of data sources:
JDBC and J2EE. The difference is in who controls the connection. The JDBC data
source lets Cocoon handle all the pooling logic. The J2EE data source tells
Cocoon how to pull the DataSource object from a J2EE container (thats Java 2
Enterprise Edition)--the major caviat is that Cocoon must be installed as part
of a Enterprise Application.

Is there a document somewhere that tells me how to install Cocoon as part of an
Enterprise Application?

TIA

Roger