cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "SANSONE, AARON M [Non-Pharmacia/1000]" <aaron.m.sans...@monsanto.com>
Subject Placing Request Values on the Session...
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 21:20:47 GMT
I need a simple way to place posted values from a form on the user session
for later use.  I thought that the SessionPropagatorAction was the way to
go.  Is anyone using the SessionPropagatorAction successfully in this
manner?

I have a form that posts three values (text input "varOne", "varTwo" and
"varThree") to a matching pattern in sitemap.xmap which then calls the
session-propagator action to (theoretically) place posted the values on the
session:

<map:match pattern="getCAParms">
  <map:act type="session-propagator">
    <map:parameter name="varOne" value="{varOne}"/>
    <map:parameter name="varTwo" value="{varTwo}"/>
    <map:parameter name="varThree" value="{varThree}"/>
  </map:act>
</map:match>

Obviously this doesn't do what I would have expected it to.

I must be going about this in the wrong way, does anyone have a better
solution?

Thanks,
Aaron

(Cocoon 2rc1a, JRun 3.1, NT4)