cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Peter Royal <pro...@managingpartners.com>
Subject Re: General framework question
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 13:31:10 GMT
At 10:52 AM 10/3/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>I want to make a business layer, that always generates some generic (home
>invented) XML to the presentation layer. Then I would like to use Cocoon to
>use this XML, and present it for me. The reason that I want to use my own
>XML, is that I want to be able to replace Cocoon with a total different
>presentation layer (maybe my own implementation, who knows). My client side
>people likes the Cocoon idea, and want it to be easy to build prototypes
>fast (offcourse), so I still need a lot of the "smart" features of Cocoon.

Yes, that is how we are using cocoon with our web application. each "page"
that the system generates is an XML document of our own home-grown
schema/dtd. we did model our form controls after the current Xforms WD from
the w3c.

we then use cocoon to transform that into whatever output we need, be it
pdf, html, wap, etc.
-pete

managing partners, inc. -> http://www.managingpartners.com