cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Hess, Karl" <karlh...@uillinois.edu>
Subject RE: merging xml and html
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2001 19:34:43 GMT
Have you tried using XSLT?  Writing a style sheet can prove very effective
in creating composite dynamic xml-structure and static content.

Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: Karen Babayán [mailto:karen@nxtsis.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2001 3:07 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: merging xml and html

Hi everybody

We have the following problem and no idea of how to solve it:

We have 4 xml documents dinamically created and several static html files.
The xml documents, all together, compose two menus that must appear one on
the left side and the other on the right side everytime the final page is
requested. The different html files are to be somewhat "inserted" in order
to get the final html page that uses the mentioned menus.

I'm sure many of you have encountered this same situation and that there are
more than one solution, but right now we're quite stalled about this.

Any suggestion, please?

Thanks

Karen Babayan