cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Steve Gass <sg...@gass.com>
Subject Re: I cannot load the Cocoon.xml page
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 02:42:24 GMT
CaligulaRob@netscape.net wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> In spite of following the instructions to the letter, I get the following error message
when I try to access the Cocoon.xml page. I am  using Jakarta-Tomcat as my webserver and I
get the following error:

> java.lang.RuntimeException: Error creating org.apache.cocoon.parser.XercesParser: make
sure the needed classes can be found in the classpath (org/apache/xerces/parsers/AbstractDOMParser)

> I have tried every trick in the book and failed.
>
> Here is a sample of the tomcat batch file I am using to start the server.
>
> rem Set up the CLASSPATH that we need
>
> rem set cp=%CLASSPATH%
>
> set CLASSPATH=.
> rem set CLASSPATH=%TOMCAT_HOME%
>
> rem cocoon classes and libraries
> set CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;%TOMCAT_HOME%\lib\xerces_1_2_3.jar

I could easily be wrong, but I thought Windows uses a colon instead of a
semicolon for the path separator. . . ?

Or maybe you did the same thing I did - copied and pasted the path info
from somewhere, and you have different versions of the jar files. Took
me awhile to figure that one out. :)

Steve