cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] problem with adding of my action into cocoon
Date Fri, 26 Oct 2001 20:03:19 GMT
sergi wrote:

> hi everyone,
> i've added my own action in pacage of all cocoon actions
> 'org.apache.cocoon.acting', in propper sub-folder... after that i rebuild my
> cocoon, and my class has appeared in 'build' sub-folder... so i've thought,
> everything's all right, but i got internal server error, after i call my
> xsp...
> and now, in cocoon.log i'm having this message:
>
> WARN    10040   [cocoon  ] (Thread-32):
> org.apache.cocoon.acting.ReqValidator
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cocoon.acting.ReqValidator
>
> and that class (org.apache.cocoon.acting.ReqValidator) is my added class :(
>
> if anyone know what to do, please tell!!!

Questions:

Is your class in the compiled jar?
Is the compiled jar in your WEB-INF/lib?
Are you trying to provide an Action for the Cocoon distribution?

The last question is for the package you chose.

If you are writing an action for your own app, don't use the org.apache.cocoon
packaging.  Use your own package--its better in the long run.  In the Sitemap,
you have to put the fully qualified ClassName to use your Action--so feel free
to use any package that makes sense.

If you place all your application's actions in org.apache.cocoon.acting, you
are going to experience maintenance problems when someone else upgrades Cocoon
and wonders why the webapp is broken.  For your own stuff, either use the
WEB-INF/classes (prefered while you are developing), or place it in your
own jar in WEB-INF/lib (preferred for deployment).  In either place, Cocoon
will be able to find it.