cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Mike Wright <coc...@theorb.net>
Subject Unable to open resource: .../cocoon.properties
Date Sun, 07 Oct 2001 08:00:09 GMT
Hi all,

I'm a new cocooner and not a java programmer.

I've almost got this working but can't get passed what I
think should be an easy error to correct.

I'm working with a RedHat Linux 7.1 host. Everything is
being installed and tested under /opt.

Current JDK is 1.3.1
Using tomcat 4.0 (servlet and .jsp examples work)
Trying cocoon 1.8.2

Within tomcat/conf/web.xml
<servlet>
   <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
   <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
   <init-param>
     <param-name>properties</param-name>
     <param-value>
       /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/conf/cocoon.properties
     </param-value>
   </init-param>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

Within /opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/conf the file cocoon.properties.

However, when I try to access _any_ file with the extension
.xml I get a beautiful "dynamically generated" Cocoon 1.8.2
error page with the following error (followed by the trace)
Unable to open resource:
/opt/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/conf/cocoon.properties
The file exists in that location. Its permissions are 664
and the user:group is the same for all of the files in this
part of the file hierarchy.

The logs only show that an xml document was successfully
retrieved with http status code 200. Nowhere is there any
other mention of cocoon.

Seems like it should be simple. Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks for any help,
Mike Wright