cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Alfredas Chmieliauskas <alfre...@sseriga.edu.lv>
Subject Re: [Proposal] C2 + tomcat 4
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 14:17:44 GMT
>Correct me if I'm wrong here, but...
>I found TC4.0 + C2.0 the most easy-to-install combination. Most users have problem not
with
>installation itself, but with building of cocoon.war for the first time. Some users have

>platform-secific issues (buggy JDK 1.3.1 implemetation under Linux which crashes, etc)

Well, looking at the mailling list I suppose there are cocoon'ers that
would like to argue with you ;-)
For me it was much easier to install c2 on tomcat 3.x and resin.... And
no matter what the reason for that might be (particularities cocoon
release/ servlet engine release, build errors, buggy jdk, other platform
spec.) I guess that would be a good idea to put up several preconfigured
installations,
which is a long and tested practice at jboss (i actually am subscribed
at the jboss user list and they have much less traffic comming about the
install issues). We could save time and patience for many new users and
event attract new ones with this user-friendly feat.

I could myself setup several configs, its just a matter of storing them
somewhere - of course apache.org/cocoon2 would be reasonable.

waiting for your proposals/RT's

Alfredas