cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: session and xsl
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 18:35:22 GMT
On 16.Oct.2001 -- 09:14 AM, Mark S. Kent wrote:
> I also have an interest on retrieving session values in my XML file to help
> build the XML data.  I thought that XSP would be able to read them as my JSP
> pages do since both run under Tomcat, but am having trouble seeing them from
> the XML document.

Mark, accessing session attributes from XSP ist piece of cake :-)
There's a logicsheet aka taglib for it. Otherwise use the request
object and access the data through ordinary java.

> Chris, is the solution you mention below only available in C2?

Which one of the two alternatives? Honestly, I don't know about C1,
there might be a session taglib but passing parameters from a non
existant sitemap won't do :-)

> From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
> On 15.Oct.2001 -- 04:35 PM, Mohamed Ramzy wrote:
> > hi all,
> > i'm trying to read session variables through .xsl
> > file, if you have any idea how to do that, please tell
>
> No way. At least from a stylesheet. Pass parameters from sitemap
> instead. For a taglib, just use session taglib within your taglib.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de