cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: C1: ESQL handling single apostrophes
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:51:17 GMT
On 15.Oct.2001 -- 10:54 AM, Mark S. Kent wrote:
> I'm not receiving any error messages on the screen.  Nor am I finding any in
> log files.  I've looked in JBoss's "server.log" and Tomcat's "startup.log"
> and well as "tomcat".

Again, I don't know about JBoss nor Cocoon 1, however, Cocoon 2 logs
to a place like $TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/cocoon/WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log
(or some other place configured in web.xml or cocoon.xconf(?)). See if
you find anything in there.

Have you ever tried to use such a statement with JDBC? E.g. without
Cocoon involved. Write or modify a tiny java program that uses the
problematic statement and see if that does it. There's most certainly
an example program supplied with the driver that could be modified
with ease.

AFAIK esql doesn't fiddle with the SQL string. So this is most likely
an Interbase / JDBC problem rather than esql.xsl's.

Someone else suggested to have a look at the generated java code. That
might as well be helpful, i.e. if the SQL string magically differs
from the expected verbatim copy.

If you're really desparate and can't find any logs, put a try-catch
block around the esql and see if an exception occurs.

HTH

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l