cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: C1: ESQL handling single apostrophes
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 15:02:02 GMT
On 15.Oct.2001 -- 08:53 AM, Mark S. Kent wrote:
>         String dynSQL = "select foo from bar where some_date = 'today' ";

I don't know about your DBMS. However, the one I use has "today" as a
special constant. Thus the SQL would be

	select foo from bar where some_date = today

Note that no quotes are present.

If you were to enter this statement in an interactive SQL shell, would
you need to enter it with or without quotes around "today" ?

It would be helpful if you could include any error messages that
occurs and describe what happens and what is expected to happen.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de