cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gregory Steuck <g...@buildpoint.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon2 with no batik at all.
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:42:43 GMT
>>>>> "aaldridg" == aaldridg  <aaldridg@csc.com> writes:

    aaldridg> If I manage to solve the problem, I'll get back to you,
    aaldridg> if not - has anyone got a solution - no way I can
    aaldridg> install X on our servers.

You should consider installing Xvfb. Properly protected Xvfb
(i.e. with tcp port filtered out by the host firewall) is not a threat
to the system security.

Don't get me wrong, getting rid of the dependency is much better, but
if I had to choose between scrapping the work I've done to move my
application and installing and running Xvfb I would choose the latter.

And yes, I used to run Xvfb for months to automate InstallAnywhere
builds.