cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Scott Jones <sc...@on-sitemanager.com>
Subject [C2] Error Handling - bypass extra try/catch blocks?
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2001 00:18:16 GMT
Hello,

I am building a logicsheet where I have many method calls that can throw
a variety of Exceptions.  Rather than place try/catch blocks all over
the place, I'd like to have any and all exceptions that occur to be
displayed using the <handle-errors> section of my sitemap.

However, C2 keeps on demanding that I explicitly handle these
exceptions, but really I'd like for the exceptions to halt the page
execution and be displayed.  Is there a configuration variable that I'm
missing that'll setup this kind of behavior?

Thank you!

Cheers,

Scott

Here's an example:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Language Exception:
org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Error compiling
test_xml:
Line 747, column 40:  Exception java.lang.Exception must be caught, or
it must be declared in the throws clause of this method.