cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mario Muja" <mario.m...@delaval.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:11:54 GMT
The sitemap belongs to Cocoon 2 and is the main configuration file to describe pipelines of
content generation and XSL transformations. As far as I know, C2 supports internationalization
much better than C1. Please read the I18N documentation on the C2 web site. Then you'll probably
get a better understanding how it works.

Mario

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Adam A R
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2001 11:01 AM
  Subject: Internationalization

  Hi All,

  I am trying to do this since past many hours.

  I want to make my application internationalized. i.e. Be able to present Strings in different
languages depending on the useragent.

  How to go about it??

  I am using Cocoon 1.8 and my servlet engine is iAnywhere Wireless Server(iAWS). In this
server all I need to do is extend a built-in class, specify the location where the XML files
are to be found. And keep writing XML/XSP/XSL files to your heart's content. iAWS does provide
cocoon.properties to control the behaviour of Cocoon.

  The help I found only said about configuring Cocoon using sitemap. But nowhere have I used
sitemap.

  so, how do I internationalize my application without using sitempa?

  Please help..

  Many thanks in advance.

  cheers
  Adam