cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gianugo Rabellino" <gian...@rabellino.it>
Subject Re: Get Cocoon Working
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 19:41:40 GMT
> THanks Ciao,  I suppose you are talking about Cocoon 2.o . I have got
cocoon
> two with Tomcat 4.0
> Do I need to build the apache Cocoon files or can i use the executable
> provided with the downloads .

The executable (the jar/war) is more than enough. There is a
misconfiguration somewhere (AFAIK not in the default distro, I have to
assume that it's something you did) that maps something to
org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon instead then to the proper entry point which is
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet. Most probably it's a connector
(mod_jk?) directive or an error in Cocoon's web.xml. It might also be an
old version of Cocoon floating around, if I recall correctly the class
name for the servlet is the one used today by the main Cocoon class.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino