cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Mauri" <mma...@profesi.com.ar>
Subject disable-output-escaping !!
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:21:57 GMT

Hi users,

I need to use some kind of disable-output-escaping cause' I need to show the result of the
HTML generated on an Excel spreadsheet. The process of rendering to HTML and sending it to
IExplorer with the application/vnd.ms-excel is done in the same process pipeline. The problem
rises when the Excel OLE control embedded in IE opens it. As HTTPFormatter transforms every
"o"(~) to its correspondent SGML code &ordm;. The thing is that Excel 97 doesn't recognise
it.
I took a look at the FAQs and it says that using "disable-output-escaping" is bad coding,
so I don't know what to do.

any idea??

thanks in advance.

Lic. Martin O. Mauri