cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: C2 delivering DocBook XML?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2001 08:21:07 GMT
See comments after b) below ...

Mark Eggers <its_toasted@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Matthias,
>
> I am a Cocoon neophyte, so what I am about to say is
> probably done better in other ways.  However, this got
> me started, and once I understand the sitemap
> functionality better, I'll revamp the entries to
> streamline the process.
>
> Server Environment;
> Windows/2000 service pack 2
> IIS 5
> Tomcat 4.0
> Cocoon 2 rc1
>
> Editing environment:
> NT Emacs 20.7.1
> XAE 1.0beta6
>
> I created a small book.xsl in emacs using the XAE
> mode.  I then did the following (your paths may
> differ).
>
> a) Copied the site/xae-1.0beta6/docbook/styles/docbook
> over to tomcat/webapps/cocoon
>
> b) Modified the
> cocoon/WEB-INF/classes/CatalogManager.properties to
> contain:
>
> # catalogs ... list of additional catalogs to load
> # use full pathnames
> # pathname separator is always semi-colon (;)
> # directory separator is always slash (/) regardless
> #
> catalogs="/Program
> Files/emacs-20.7/site/xae-1.0beta6/doctypes/docbook/docbookx.dtd"

This property should point to the catalog that is
provided with the DocBook DTDs (i.e. docbook.cat).
I expect that your setting did not actually work.
You would need to raise the "verbosity" property to see.

I suspect that your book.xml is not a proper XML file
in that it does not have its DTD declaration at the top.

Did you validate your XML document with a validating
parser before bringing it to Cocoon? If not, then you
are asking for trouble with broken documents.