cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Søren Neigaard <neiga...@mobilethink.dk>
Subject SV: SV: Arrg - need somebody who knows the inside of Cocoon2
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2001 18:31:06 GMT
Ok I almost got it working now :) Now I only have some path problems.

With the examples, what happens when I hit /cocoon ? I don't think I'm
hitting a servlet directly, maybe some sort of XML file, I dont know, do
you?

What are the root dir. on a default Tomcat C2 setup? Is it /webapps/cocoon ?

Well I'm still a little confused, I think that if only I knew how it all
works together, I may be able to figure out how to set it all up on Enhydra
:)

-----Oprindelig meddelelse-----
Fra: Sergio Carvalho [mailto:sergio.carvalho@acm.org]
Sendt: 10. oktober 2001 09:43
Til: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Emne: Re: SV: Arrg - need somebody who knows the inside of Cocoon2

From: Søren Neigaard <neigaard@mobilethink.dk>
--

> Well yes... I can't get Enhydra to deploy the WAR at all, so I took the
> structure from the WAR containing all the class files and config files,
and
> I use them instead. This works fine under Tomcat (tested it there to be
sure
> that wasn't my problem).
>
> I know it's a Web Application, but it's build up by servlets (if not, it's
> really spooky), and I guessed that Cocoon uses some sort of controller
> servlet. I just cant figure out how this servlet is referenced, it's not
> from web.xml (I can't find it anyway). Well I'm just very confused right
now
> :(

It's a servlet, referenced from the webapp's web.xml file, found under
WEB-INF
on the war package. You'll find a line like this:

<servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.servlet.ParanoidCocoonServlet</servlet-clas
s>

Tomcat automatically deploys .war files found on the webapp directory on
startup. That's why you don't have to do anything else but drop the war file
on
the spot. I never used Enhydra, so I can't help you there. If it is able to
extract .war archives, I'd try to go through that route, and find out why it
isn't deploying Cocoon. Perhaps enhydra doesn't automatically deploy new
.wars
and needs to receive a direct command to do so.

org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3170)
> 	at

org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerH
> andlerImpl.java:433)
> 	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.endDocument(XMLFilterImpl.java:518)
> 	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.endDocument(XMLFilterImpl.java:518)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser.endDocument(SAXParser.java:1230)
> 	at

org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callEndDocument(XMLValidato
> r.java:1080)
> 	at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$EndOfInputDispatcher.dispatch
> (XMLDocumentScanner.java:1499)
> 	at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.
> java:381)
> 	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1081)
> 	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
> 	at org.xml.sax.helpers.XMLFilterImpl.parse(XMLFilterImpl.java:371)
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.LogicsheetCodeGenerator.generat
> eCode(LogicsheetCodeGenerator.java:130)
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.markup.AbstractMarkupLanguage.generate
> Code(AbstractMarkupLanguage.java:291)
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.generat
> eResource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:313)
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.createR
> esource(ProgramGeneratorImpl.java:275)
> 	at

org.apache.cocoon.components.language.generator.ProgramGeneratorImpl.load(Pr
> ogramGeneratorImpl.java:192)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.run(Handler.java:208)
> 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
>

> Med venlig hilsen/Best regards
> Søren Neigaard
> -------------------------------