cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brent L Johnson" <br...@bjohnson.net>
Subject iMac and IE4.5
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2001 15:16:06 GMT
I'm having a serious issue with iMac's running IE4.5.  I just put a new site
into production which uses Cocoon.  It's been great, and we've gotten a lot
of great response (not to mention the fact that since I designed it using
Cocoon it's really easy to make content modification).

But, the only negative feedback I've received is that iMac's running IE4.5
only see the HTML code.  When the person goes to our website, the page does
not get displayed (like I said, just all the HTML code - so it's getting
transformed).  We have some macs internally, and we've tested the site and
it runs fine on regular Mac's (G4's).  It seems to be limited to just iMacs,
and just IE4.5.

Here are my formatter settings in cocoon.properties (I'm convinced it HAS to
have something to do with this).

I had it set to this:
formatter.text/html.doctype-public = -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN
formatter.text/html.doctype-system = Transitional

In an attempt to fix the iMac problem I set it to this:
formatter.text/html.doctype-public = -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN
formatter.text/html.doctype-system =
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd

But neither one seemed to help.  This is a serious problem (since our site
is aimed at teachers and a lot of schools use iMacs) that I've been unable
to resolve.  Has anyone had this problem?  Does anyone have ANY ideas on how
I can fix this?  I really need some help on this.

Thanks,

- Brent