cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Blakeley" <brian.blake...@home.com>
Subject Re: Cocoon with Tomcat-3.3rc2 - where to put jars????
Date Sun, 14 Oct 2001 19:35:43 GMT
Hi Jesse,

I just got in and have a couple of things to tend to - but then I can tell
you want I did to mod_jk.  ( first thing is that my system has the lib files
in /modules not /libexec and I put allot of the mod_jk.conf stuff directly
into httpd.conf  (never could figure where the stuff belonged under the
TOMCAT 3.3 rc1 step -up.))

But it does appear to work.

I post my mod_jk.conf  and my httpd.conf files if that is helpful.  Let me
know.

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jesse Reynolds" <lizst@va.com.au>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2001 2:07 PM
Subject: Re: Cocoon with Tomcat-3.3rc2 - where to put jars????

> Hi Brian
>
> Have confidence in your side door!!!
>
> I did as you suggested and now it works!!! That is I altered all
> those resource:// lines to be file:// lines into the
> cocoon.properties file (as below) and then it started working,
> awesome.
>
> So this is Cocoon 1.8.2 with Tomcat 3.3rc2.
>
> Note though, that I've been utterly unable to get Tomcat 3.3rc2
> talking to Apache 1.3.20 via mod_jk.so - if I use the Tomcat 3.2.3
> version of the mod_jk.so then connections to /cocoon/*.xml just
> timeout, and if I use the mod_jk.so I compiled from the 3.3rc2
> sources, I get the following error on startup of apache, and it bombs:
>
> su-2.05# apachectl start
> Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so into server:
> /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol
> "jk_set_log_format"
> /usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started
>
> If anyone has any ideas what to do here, I'm all ears. I've had to go
> back to 3.2.3 for now :-(
>
> Im using FreeBSD 4.4, and Blackdown Linux JDK 1.2.2
>
> Thanks
>
> Jesse
>

> from cocoon.properties:
>
> # Set the libraries associated with the given namespace.
> # Use the syntax:
> #   processor.xsp.logicsheet.<namespace-tag>.<language> = URL to file
> # where "URL to file" is usually starting with file:// if you locate
> # your custom library in your file system.
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.context.java  =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/j
ava/context.xsl
> #processor.xsp.logicsheet.cookie.java   =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/j
ava/cookie.xsl
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.global.java   =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/j
ava/global.xsl
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.request.java  =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/j
ava/request.xsl
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.response.java =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/j
ava/response.xsl
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.session.java  =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/j
ava/session.xsl
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.util.java     =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/j
ava/util.xsl
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.sql.java      =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/s
ql/sql.xsl
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.esql.java      =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/s
ql/esql.xsl
> processor.xsp.logicsheet.fp.java       =

file:///usr/local/cocoon-1.8.2/src/org/apache/cocoon/processor/xsp/library/f
p/fp.xsl

> At 2:26 -0400 14/10/01, Brian Blakeley wrote:
> >Good Luck Jesse!
> >
> >Hassle really is not the word for it!  The real problem comes when trying
> >remember how I got it working when I need to add something.
> >
> >Brian
> >
> >PS: once it was all working the way I mentioned - I could not get my own
xml
> >and xsl files to work in /webapps/ROOT as something I read said would
work.
> >I got more success when I put the files in a directory under
> >/webapps/cocoon.
> >
> >Although, it seems to work,  I have a bad feel that I have enter the
system
> >from a side door and will have it all crash around me soon.
> >
> >Have fun!

is

http://www.va.com.au
> >>  >>                                                    jesse (at)
va.com.au

<cocoon-users-help@xml.apache.org>