cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Gianugo Rabellino" <>
Subject Re: Cocoon and dbXML
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:04:10 GMT

> dbXML sends a startdocument() and a stopdocument() althought the XSP
> done this already. I pached the code so the dbXML doen't anymore.
Until now
> no side effect are detected (The db server runs with the old
> *.jar).

nice to know that you solved the problem. I might suggest you, though,
what I think is a better solution: instead of patching dbXML you may
just use a consumer that ignores the start and endDocument events. There
is an utility class which does exactly so, look in
org.apache.cocoon.xml.IncludeXMLConsumer, which takes an XMLConsumer as
a parameter in the constructor to forward events to. Basically this
should be enough for you:

document.getContentAsSAX(new IncludeXMLConsumer(xmlConsumer));

Let me know if you are willing to try it and if it works: this would
save you from having to continuously patch dbXML whenever a new version
comes out.

FAQ before posting. <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail: <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>