cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Liam Morley" <lmor...@WPI.EDU>
Subject RE: HTML Code Formatting / Meta Tags
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:15:24 GMT

Best of luck- if you find anything, please let me/us know.

Liam Morley

-----Original Message-----
From: Arno Illmann [mailto:arno.illmann@gmx.de]
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 10:24 AM
To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
Subject: HTML Code Formatting / Meta Tags

Hi all,

I have three questions which I could not answer with documentation,
testings and did not find in the mail list (beg your pardon for my
germlish):

1) Configuring Sitemap with:

   <map:serializer name="html" mime-type="text/html"
    src="org.apache.cocoon.serialization.HTMLSerializer">
    <doctype-public>-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN</doctype-public>
    <encoding>iso-8859-1</encoding>
    <indent>1</indent>
  </map:serializer>

has no effect on an indent. Something wrong?

b) In C1 it was possible to configure the line length of the
   HTML output . Something similar existing in C2?
   I could not find doc nowhere about this little,
   but crucial (Netscape 4) part of publishing.

c) Is it possible to eliminize all space or CR in he output
   code (i.e for wap "browsers" with very limited memory)?

2) Configuring Sitemap with:

  <map:actions>
   <map:action name="http-header-action"
    src="org.apache.cocoon.acting.HttpHeaderAction"/>
  </map:actions>

  <map:pipeline>
   <map:match pattern="test">
    <map:act type="http-header-action">
      <map:parameter name="Expires" value="0"/>
      <map:parameter name="Pragma" value="no-cache"/>
      <map:parameter name="Cache-Control" value="no-cache"/>
      <map:parameter name="Refresh"
       value="5;URL=welcome?name=franz&#38;frosch=sowieso">
     <map:generate src="test.xml"/>
     <map:transform src="simple-page2html.xsl"/>
    </map:act>
    <map:serialize type="html"/>
   </map:match>
  </map:pipeline>

has effect in refreshing the page, but the output code is not in the
source viewed from browser, or in a file written on disk . Bad i.e. for
dayly parsing static code or similar. Any meta tags coming from the XSL
transformation sheet are overwritten.

3) Where can I find some documentation about the <map:act> tag?

Thanks in advance and best regards, Arno Illmann

PROPOSAL: a short, but completed list with code examples of the usage of
sitemap tags for the xdocs. But my knowledge isn't that now ... :
Should I post this to the cocoon developers??

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<sitemaptags>
  <map:act>
    <description> ... u er well ...</description>
    <parameters></parameters>
    <example></example>
  </map:act>
  <map:action-set>