cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <Damian_K...@singaporeair.com.sg>
Subject XSPs vs JSPs
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 07:12:45 GMT

JSPs with Cocoon - seems to me that this would be very useful since we already have a fair
amount of JSPs, and it's an easier sell to management who is unwilling to commit to a relatively
new technology (XSP).</font>
with regards to using JSPs with Cocoon? &nbsp;e.g. will we be able to use all the JSP
tag libraries we already have? &nbsp;and will there be any dependency/integration issues
based on the app server we're using (we're using weblogic 6.1) ? &nbsp;</font>
general issue of XSPs vs JSPs? &nbsp;From what I gathered, XSPs enforce a clean separation
of presentation/content/logic by design, whereas for JSPs you can do that too but it's really
up to developer discipline. &nbsp;What other compelling features would one get by using
XSPs?</font>