cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vgritse...@hns.com>
Subject RE: Views at Cocoon
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:45:21 GMT
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Ramy Mamdouh [mailto:ramy@imkenberg.de]
  Sent: Monday, September 10, 2001 2:05 PM
  To: cocoon-users@xml.apache.org
  Subject: Views at Cocoon

  Hi

  I've read the views section at the docs combined with Cocoon, and I've
tried this in a sitemap

  <map:actions>
        <map:action name="Menu-Startup-Action"
          src="com.ramy.cocoon.MenuStartupAction"/>
    </map:actions>
  <map:views>
    <map:view name="startup" from-position="first">
       <map:act type="Menu-Startup-Action" />
    </map:view>
   </map:views>

  this way, shouldn't the view gets called (and hence the action) after the
first component..then after finishing processing, the control goes back to
the pipeline???

Nope. Views specify exit point from the pipeline. After that, only view is
executed, and result of the
view is sent to the user.

Vadim

  that's waht I got from the docs....
  I hope somebody can explain if this right or wrong!

  Yours
  Ramy mamdouh