cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject RE: ESQL Return Values & Attributes
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2001 22:29:27 GMT
ESQL Return Values & AttributesOne way is two split your growing XSL onto
two XSL, and first XSL would make:
out of data extracted from SQL, and second XSL would do whatever it does
now.

If there is another way, let ESQL experts tell us....

Vadim
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Luke Reeves [mailto:luke@oceanlake.com]
  Sent: Friday, September 28, 2001 6:18 PM
  To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
  Subject: ESQL Return Values & Attributes

  I've been building a site using Cocoon, and the ESQL tag library has blown
me away, really cool stuff.  For most of my code I do this:

    <filelist>
      <esql:execute-query>
      <esql:query>select id,name,shortname,homepage from projects order by
name</esql:query>
      <esql:results>
        <esql:row-results>
          <filecategory>
            <catshort><esql:get-string column="shortname"/></catshort>
            <catlink><esql:get-string column="homepage"/></catlink>
            <catname><esql:get-string column="name"/></catname>

  Building the site based on data encapsulated by XML tags.  But many times,
I'll want:

  Now obviously that won't work.  But I do want to be able to access the SQL
data from an attribute of a tag; otherwise my XSL sheets grow and grow as I
break a complex single tag into multiple tags to handle little pieces of
data everywhere.  Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

          Luke Reeves, Director of Development
          Oceanlake Commerce Inc.
          luke.reeves@oceanlake.com