cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Torsten Curdt" <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: ESQL Return Values & Attributes
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2001 12:34:57 GMT
You probably want to do:

    <a>
       <xsp:attribute name="href"><esql:get-string column="name"/></xsp:attribute>
    </a>
--
Torsten

-----Original Message-----
From: Luke Reeves [mailto:luke@oceanlake.com]
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2001 12:18 AM
To: 'cocoon-users@xml.apache.org'
Subject: ESQL Return Values & Attributes

I've been building a site using Cocoon, and the ESQL tag library has blown me away, really
cool stuff.  For most of my code I do
this:
  <filelist>
    <esql:execute-query>
    <esql:query>select id,name,shortname,homepage from projects order by name</esql:query>
    <esql:results>
      <esql:row-results>
        <filecategory>
          <catshort><esql:get-string column="shortname"/></catshort>
          <catlink><esql:get-string column="homepage"/></catlink>
          <catname><esql:get-string column="name"/></catname>
Building the site based on data encapsulated by XML tags.  But many times, I'll want:
Now obviously that won't work.  But I do want to be able to access the SQL data from an attribute
of a tag; otherwise my XSL sheets
grow and grow as I break a complex single tag into multiple tags to handle little pieces of
data everywhere.  Any ideas?  Thanks in
advance!
        Luke Reeves, Director of Development
        Oceanlake Commerce Inc.