cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Mark S. Kent" <mark.k...@vistyx.com>
Subject Sessions: JSP/XSL
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:42:00 GMT
I'm creating session object called "employee" during login time by a JSP
page (using a bean).  I would like to be able read the "employee" session
information to validate a user in XSP (within my XML file) like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xsp"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<xsp:page
    xmlns:xsp=" http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Core"
    xmlns:session=" http://www.apache.org/1999/XSP/Session"
    create-session="true"

<xsp:structure>
    <xsp:include>name.modulename.EmployeeData</xsp:include>
</xsp:structure>

<page>
    <xsp:logic>
        EmployeeData employeeData = null;
        employeeData = (EmployeeData)<session:get-attribute
name="employee"/>;

        if( employeeData != null ) System.out.println( "Data ID: " +
employeeData.getEmployee_id() );
        else System.out.println( "Data ID: none" );
    </xsp:logic>
</page>

This line:
employeeData = (EmployeeData)<session:get-attribute name="employee"/>;
never finds the session variable called "employee" (remember it was created
by a JSP page calling a bean) so the only value I receive is "null".
How can I read this session value in XSP/XML?

Thanks!
Mark