cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Hope Sean <Sean.H...@icl.com>
Subject C2: Passthru HTML from XSP
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2001 16:36:35 GMT
Hi,

I have a requirement to issue an HTTP request from within an Action, and
later pass the response received from the HTTP request back to the client. I
store the response temporarily in an attribute on the request object, and
retrieve it from there in my XSP.

Somewhere is the action I have:

	request.setAttribute("the-response",httpString);

And in the XSP I have tried to send the httpString back using:

	<xsp:expr>request.getAttribute("the-response",httpString)</xsp:expr>

Problem is that the httpString contains the usual markup characters which
become encoded to &gt; &lt; etc which I guess is no surprise.

Can anyone help with an alternative suggestion how I could do this? I don't
seem to be able to simply pass-through the httpString without it being
tampered with.

Regards,
Sean Hope