cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: No method matching in inner class
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:13:13 GMT
On 19.Sep.2001 -- 10:09 AM, cib wrote:
> Thanks for answering,
> unfortunately "signature does not match" sounds like a riddle to me.

Sorry cib, I thought it was obvious after I pulled the lines
together. You declare a method "main(String[] args)" and call "main()"
without arguments which is a totally different method, hence "no
matching method found". Remove the argument from your method
declaration and try again. You seem not to use it anyway.

BTW I always though that "main" is used only as an entry point for
when no other method could be specified. Often it just invokes the
constructor which does the real work. Therefore you don't really need
"main(String[])". Just call class methods or put the logic into a
constructor.

> I'm trying to output an xsl and save it to the disk. As nobody knows how to
> do that I'm making a patchwork code of java bits I find anywhere: java
> classes are far beyond my capabilities: I'm only a postman.
> Thanks anyway.

I don't know if this works, but have you tried to use the cocoon:
protocol as source for a transformer? You might be able to obtain the
xsl through that.

<map:match pattern="genxsl">
   <map:generate type="serverpages" src="generateXSL.xsp"/>
</map:match>

<map:match pattern="foo">
   <map:generate ....../>
   <map:transform src="cocoon:/genxsl"/>
</map:match>

I haven't worked with this before but I understand that this should be
a valid application for it.

This way you XSL is not saved but I presume that the original
intention was to use it in a transformation with cocoon.

> > On 17.Sep.2001 -- 10:16 PM, cib wrote:
> > > Thanks to Luis Gois for correcting the first part.
> > > it now says:
> > > "No method matching main() found in inner class
> > > org.apache.cocoon.www.pages.make1_xsp. make_xsl."
> > > (I really don't know why there is a space between make1_xsp. and
> make_xsl.
> > > Is it normal?)
> > >

> > > class make_xsl {
> > >   public void main(String[] args) throws IOException {
> >
> > >     anObject.main();
> >
> > The signature does not match.

	Chris.

--