cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Gerhard Froehlich <g-froehl...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [C2] How to Configure MRUMemoryStore/Pipeline-Caching
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 09:43:49 GMT
Hi,
>  - Why are there three MRUMemoryStores? One "store", one "stream-cache",
> on "event-cache"?
I don't really now. Few days before I asked this question too, but I didn't
get an
anwer. But I think because there are 2 piplines (CacheStreamPipeline and
CacheEventPipeline). Each of them has a own EventCache. And because of
that there are two MRUMemoryStores.
>  - What exactly is cached in "store"?
Nothing
>  - What exactly is cached in "stream-cache"?
CacheStreamObjects I think
>  - What exactly is cached in "event-cache"?
CacheEventObjects I think
>  - Are the memory-Settings like heapsize shared by the three stores or
> parallel (means that you have to plan for 3*heapsize memory allocation
> using the all three stores)?
Yesterday they commited a new component I developed. The StoreJanitor.
You can find it in the 2.1 branch. The StoreJanitor ist now responsible for
the MemoryManagement. Each store register in the StoreJanitor and if
memory runs low the StoreJanitor calls the free() method of the different
stores. So you have only to configure the heapsize parameter, etc only once
now. I put a sample configuration in the cocoon.xconf in the 2.1 branch. A
xdoc
will follow soon.

I hope that helps!

Cheers
Gerhard

--
Gerhard Fröhlich
g-froehlich@gmx.de

"black holes are,
when GOD is dividing by zero"

http://www.gmx.net

--
GMX Tipp:

Machen Sie Ihr Hobby zu Geld bei unserem Partner 1&1!
http://profiseller.de/info/index.php3?ac=OM.PS.PS003K00596T0409a