cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Chris Newland <chris.newl...@emorphia.com>
Subject programatically examine columns in a row
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 18:43:06 GMT
Hi All,

I'm looking for a generic way to examine the columns in a row retrieved using esql:

<esql:results>
	<xsp:logic>
	int cols = <esql:get-column-count/>;
	String colname;
	</xsp:logic>

	<esql:row-results>
		<xsp:logic>
			for (int i = 0; i &lt; cols; i++)
			{
				colname = <esql:get-column-name><xsp:attribute name="column"><xsp:expr>i</xsp:expr></xsp:attribute></esql:get-column-name>;

			}
		</xsp:logic>
         	</esql:row-results>
</esql:results>

but this throws an exception: No method matching getColumnName() found in interface java.sql.ResultSetMetaData.
(i.e. the column attribute is not being picked up)

Is it possible to add attributes to a logicsheet tag? I don't think it is but I can't think
of another way of passing the parameter to the get-column-name tag.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Chris