cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "beje" <abejen...@interakt.ro>
Subject Re: Help with form validation
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:13:21 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: Christian Haul <haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
To: <cocoon-users@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2001 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: Help with form validation

> On 17.Sep.2001 -- 03:47 PM, beje wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I have n dinamicaly generated (and identical) forms to fill-in;
> > on submition I'd like to validate them by using just a descriptor file
> > whitch contains just 1 form (since all are the same).
> >
> > Is there a way to achieve that ?
>
> Sure, just have the same parameter names. You might even want to set
> your descriptor as default descriptor.
>
> Chris.

Unfortunately, the fields are numbered like this:
<input name="country1" .../>
<input name="city1" .../>
<input name="street1" .../>
<input name="country2" .../>
<input name="city2" .../>
<input name="street2" .../>
<input name="countryN" .../>
<input name="cityN" .../>
<input name="streetN" .../>

And one more thing:
I want to have in the sitemap a general entry for all validation actions,
somehting like:

      <map:match pattern="validate-*">
        <!-- first validate whether submitted values are ok -->
        <map:act type="form-validator">
          <map:parameter name="descriptor"
value="context://mysite/mydescriptors/{1}.xml"/>
          <map:parameter name="validate" value=" ???? "/>
            <map:redirect-to uri="process-{1}.xsp"/>
        </map:act>
      </map:match>

Is there a wildcard for the validate parameter values ?