cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Brent L Johnson" <br...@bjohnson.net>
Subject MacOS and Cocoon/Tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:05:15 GMT
OK - I've searched the mailing list and I saw one other person who had a
similar problem.  I've put a site into production using Cocoon, and I've
gotten a few calls that say people running IE (at least 4.5) on iMacs (macOS
9.0.x) only see the HTML code when they go to the website.  We've tested it
on local macs in the office using IE4.5 and IE5 (and netscape 4.x) and it
seems to work just fine.

It seems like it could be some DOCTYPE problem.  Here's my current setting
in cocoon.properties:
formatter.text/html.doctype-public = -//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0//EN
formatter.text/html.doctype-system = Transitional

I'm using Cocoon 1.8.2 under Tomcat 3.2 (with Apache).  Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Brent