cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Judith Andres" <Judith.And...@gmx.net>
Subject Problems with I18nTransformer in Cocoon 2.0b2
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:08:15 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to use the I18nTransformer from Konstantin Piroumian.
So far everything seemed to work ok but now I'm running into serious
problems.

I noticed the following strange behaviour.
Although I configured the transforer correctly - at least I think so -
namely:

  <map:transformer name="i18n"
src="org.apache.cocoon.transformation.I18nTransformer">
     <map:parameter name="default_lang" value="de"/>
      <map:parameter name="available_lang_1" value="de"/>
      <map:parameter name="available_lang_2" value="en"/>
   </map:transformer>

it just ignores the given parameters and just uses whatever is in the
dictionary. That means, if there is the following entry in the dictionary

<entry>
    <key>hello</key>
    <translation lang="es">hola</translation>
    <translation lang="de">hallo</translation>
    <translation lang="en">hello</translation>
</entry>

the transformer will give back the Spanish translation when asked for it
with ?lang=es
It will do this even Spanish is not defined as an available language in the
sitemap. It will even consider Spanish as the default language even if it is
not defined in the sitemap at all.

Another problem: for me it is absolutely mandatory to be able to use not
just language code but also country code. But something like de_DE or en_US
will be ignored by the transformer.

Thanx
Judith