cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Using Markup from a Database Field (was: disable-output-escaping="yes")
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 09:57:01 GMT
Following on from this -

if I have data in a database field which contains HTML markup and I want this carried through
after wrapping the field data in an XML tag... how exactly do I do this?

Thanks
Derek

>>> williamb@adone.com 10/08/2001 05:55:32 >>>
Roger,

Xalan supports this feature just fine. It's Cocoon that does not (please
correct me if I am mistaken). I face a problem similar to yours - I need to
grab small HTML fragments (which may or may not be well-formed) from a DB
and drop them into a page, and disable-output-escaping would be the perfect
solution. Alas, it is not supported.

<risking-flame-war-and-being-shunned-by-peers>
After asking for help on this list, I received lots of references to "bad
programming style" and "better ways of doing it", but have yet to receive a
*practical* alternative to disable-output-escaping. I am a vocal proponent
of Cocoon among my peers.  I absolutely love it, and I recommend it to
everyone. But this 'minor detail' has become a rather large thorn in my
side.
</risking-flame-war-and-being-shunned-by-peers>

William Bagby.