cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Michael McKibben <mmckib...@ncube.com>
Subject [C2b2]sub sitemap error?
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2001 19:05:22 GMT
Hello, I am using Coccon2 beta2 on Tomcat 3.2.2, and I am trying to
understand an error I am seeing in a sub sitemap of mine.

Basically, in my sub sitemap I have the following line in my sitemap file:
<map:matchers default="wildcard"/>

It was my understanding that this would use the "inherited" wildcard
matcher defined in the parent sitemap as the default. But when I try to
access my sub site, I get an internal server error explaining that the
component for hint "wildcard" cannot be found.

Looking at the example sub sitemap that comes with cocoon2 I noticed that
it adds a matcher definition (even though it is already defined in the
parent sitemap).

<map:matchers default="wildcard">
 <map:matcher name="wildcard" src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.WildcardURIMatcherFactory"/>
</map:matchers>

Now, I can add the line in my sub sitemap similar to the example sub
sitemap and make it work. My question is WHY? Is this a bug? It feels
awkward that all the other components inherit from the parent sitemap
except for matchers! But maybe there is a good reason for this. Any ideas?

Thanks,

--mike

P.S. Here is the verbatim exception info I am seeing:
---
type internal-server-error

message UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component
for hint: wildcard

description org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException:
UnnamedSelector: ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint:
wildcard

source Cocoon servlet

request-uri

/cocoon/buildManager/

exception

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: UnnamedSelector:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint: wildcard

path-info

buildManager/

stacktrace

org.apache.avalon.framework.component.ComponentException: UnnamedSelector:
ComponentSelector could not find the component for hint: wildcard
	at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentSelector.select(ExcaliburComponentSelector.java:239)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapComponentSelector.select(SitemapComponentSelector.java:49)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapComponentSelector.select(SitemapComponentSelector.java:52)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.SitemapComponentSelector.select(SitemapComponentSelector.java:52)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.buildManager.buildManager_xmap.wildcardMatchN2A(buildManager_xmap.java:302)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.buildManager.buildManager_xmap.process(buildManager_xmap.java:214)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.buildManager.buildManager_xmap.process(buildManager_xmap.java:175)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:160)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:103)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.wildcardMatchN1FF(sitemap_xmap.java:2643)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2141)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.www.sitemap_xmap.process(sitemap_xmap.java:2079)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:160)
	at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:103)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:489)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp13ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp13ConnectionHandler.java:160)
	at
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)