cocoon-users mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Pipeing non-XML thrue Cocoon
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 14:33:15 GMT
On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Drasko Kokic wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I wonder if anybody had come accross this problem
> before:
> In the XSP generator I need to contact a back-end
> system that (unfortunately) replies with PDF.  I would
> like to know what would be a way to still use Cocoon
> (because I have all other pages implemented thrue
> XML/XSL).
> Is there a way to insert the received PDF directly
> into some kind of cache and just reffere it somehow?!

Refactor your back-end system interaction into an Action and store the
result into a request attribute (if you need it only for one response)
or put it into a Session object or the Store component (if you need it
for more than once). Write a custom Reader class that retrieves that PDF
and puts it down the stream.

Giacomo